We've moved! This site, old.teachingopensource.org, is now an archive and will be permanently disabled on June 17, 2017. The new site can be found at teachingopensource.org. Please save any content from this site that has not yet been migrated so that you can add it.
From Teaching Open Source
This page is a starting point for discussion and collecting ideas related to sharing teaching materials about Open Source Software. In general, the focus is materials that are freely available on the Web. Preference will be given to content offered under an open license such as the GNU Free Documentation license or Creative Commons, but we will catalogue as much content as we can find. (Liberating good content that is *not* freely redistributable will also be a focus.)
- Greg DeKoenigsberg: Project Lead
- Greg Hislop
- Heidi Ellis (Western New England College)
- Leslie Hawthorn
- Luis Ibanez
- Trishan deLanerolle
- Robert Lazzurs
- Tathagata Dasgupta
- Clif Kussmaul
- Philip Olson
- Chris Tyler
- Patrick Masson, SUNY Albany, UMassOnline, FLOW Syllabus (OSI)
- Baochuan Lu
- Add yourself...
- Identify any existing lists of collections of OSS teaching materials (and if there's already a good one, link to it, declare victory and take the rest of the day off)
- Build a list of existing collections of OSS teaching materials
- Collect ideas about mechanisms to encourage sharing of materials
- Other ideas?